In this post, let me explain how you can schedule your torrent downloads using torrent client called 'Vuze' formerly called as 'Azerus'. Most of us have broadband connections that allow free download during certain hours of the day. In my case, my BSNL broadband connection allows me free downloads between 2AM to 8AM. It was practically impossible for me to stay awake till 2 in the night and start the download. So when i searched the internet for clients that allow scheduling of downloads, i came across 'Vuze' along with speed scheduler.
1. Download and install the torrent client from http://www.vuze.com/. The installation is fairly easy and straight forward.
2. Start Vuze and select the 'Installation Wizard' from the 'Plugins' option in the 'Tools' menu as shown below.
3. In the dialog box that opens up, Choose 'By list from SourceForge.net'. Ensure that you are connected to the internet :). Click next.
4. Choose 'Speed Scheduler' from the options and then press 'Next' and then 'Finish'
5. The following dialog box will appear if the installation is complete properly.
6. You can find 'Speed Scheduler' in the 'Plugins' menu. Open it and you can schedule downloads as shown below.
The green tick indicates the schedule that is currently active.
Hope you guys find it useful and happy downloading :)