Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Basics of a Camera

Photography is the 'Art of Capturing Light'. For a while I was happy shooting pictures with my Sony Cybershot camera. And very soon, I started realizing its limitations. There were couple of instances where I was disappointed with the quality of the picture and the depth of the image. I have shown 2 pictures below where I was unsuccessful in capturing a photo of a butterfly. The camera was simply not able to cope with the speed of the butterfly flapping its wings :( And in the other photograph, there was simply not enough focus on the object itself. Very poor photographs, so no harsh comments please...




And thus, I thought I will buy a new camera. Last few months I have been breaking my head trying to decide what camera to buy. The camera & lens specifications are quite tough to understand. I decided it was first better to know how a camera works and what each parameter of camera signifies. I have been spending time on learning the fundamentals of photography. Its quite interesting.

The link which I have shared below is a very simple yet highly informative introduction to how a camera works and what are the various specifications you need to look into when taking a photograph. The first 30 pages are useful, while the remaining might not be of interest.I hope you find it useful.

Photography basics

5 comments:

BS said...

Great Photography.....Your first Photo shows a ButterFly as a Flying Coloured Bat...You have found a new Technique in Photography...!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, It is a new type of photography which I just invented. I am yet to decide a name for it, but I have plans to patent it :)

Btw, the second photo is not of a butterfly's but Batman flying in a colored costume ;)

TG Vinodh said...

batman ah..!! hahaha... good one ra machi..

so now which camera are you thinking of getting? SLR?

Unknown said...

Decided that I will buy an SLR only.

Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, moncler, canada goose uk, replica watches, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, ugg boots uk, moncler, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, moncler